- Batch Size: 5 gallons (19 liters)
- Brewhouse efficiency: 89%
- OG: 1.044
- FG: 1.008
- IBUs: 37
- ABV: 4.9%
- 4 lb (1.8 kg) Weyermann Pilsner malt
- 2 lb (907 g) Weyermann Barke Pilsner malt
- 2 lb (907 g) Bestmalz Heidelberg malt
- 0.63 oz (18 g) German Perle [7.1% AA] at 60 minutes
- 1.15 oz (33 g) Saphir [2.5% AA] at 10 minutes
- 1.15 oz (33 g) German Tettnanger [2.5% AA] at whirlpool
- Wyeast 2352 Munich II
Dough in all the grist with a water/grist ratio of 0.5 gal/lb (1.9 l/454 g). Add 1.8 g of calcium sulfate (CaSO4). Target a mash pH of 5.2.
Rest at 147°F (64°C) for 45 minutes. Slowly raise the temperature to 168°F (75°C). Vorlauf for 15–20 minutes or until clear.
Boil for 90 minutes, following the hops schedule. Add a fining agent if desired. Aerate at 5 lpm (liters per minute) for 25 minutes. Pitch the yeast at 53°F (12°C) with a pitch rate of 1.3 million cells/ml/°P.
Hold the temperature at 53°F (12°C) until the gravity drops below 1.023, then let the temperature free rise to 65°F (18°C), if possible, and hold until the gravity is steady and a diacetyl force test has been passed.
Slowly lower the temperature to 32°F (0°C). Harvest your yeast if desired and lager.