Avocado Dip with Tortilla Chips
Serves 8. Excerpted from “The Southern Living Party Cookbook” by Elizabeth Heiskell. “Mayonnaise in an avocado dip? … Covering the avocados with mayonnaise keeps them from turning brown since they aren’t exposed to the air, making this a ‘do the day before’ recipe to add to your arsenal.”
- 2 large ripe avocados
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1 canned green chile, minced, or ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Tortilla chips
1. Mash the avocados, mayonnaise and lime juice in a small bowl just until combined.
2. Add the chile, garlic and ½ teaspoon salt; stir well.
3. Cover with plastic wrap, placing the plastic wrap directly on the surface of the dip. Chill at least 1 hour. (Dip may be prepared the day before.) Season to taste with salt before serving. Garnish with the crumbled bacon, and serve with tortilla chips.