Cook this tasty vegan curry for an exotic yet easy family dinner. With spinach and sweet potato, it boasts two of your five-a-day and it’s under 400 calories
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 45 mins
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 200g bag spinach
- 1 lime, juiced
- cooked rice, to serve (optional)
- dry roasted peanuts, to serve (optional)
- Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and soften 1 chopped onion for 5 mins. Add 2 grated garlic cloves and a grated thumb-sized piece of ginger, and cook for 1 min until fragrant.
- Stir in 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste, 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter and 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks, then add 400ml coconut milk and 200ml water.
- Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 mins or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Stir through 200g spinach and the juice of 1 lime, and season well. Serve with cooked rice, and if you want some crunch, sprinkle over a few dry roasted peanuts.