This refreshing fall cocktail from The Rose Club at The Plaza Hotel blends sage-infused gin with sage-infused honey for a beautiful autumn flavor, brightened up with lemon juice. Chartreuse lends additional sweet-spicy-herbal notes, and club soda brings a bit of fizz. This would be perfect for Thanksgiving.
Note: You can easily infuse your own gin by adding a few gently bruised or muddled fresh sage leaves to a bottle of gin and letting it steep for at least 2 days. For the sage-infused honey, the process is similar, but takes a bit longer. You’ll want to fill a clean jar about halfway with fresh sage (or a third full with dried sage), then pour in a mild honey and make sure the herbs are fully submerged. Put the lid on and let the honey steep for about a week or two, or until it tastes good to you.
- 2 ounces sage-infused gin
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce yellow Chartreuse
- 1/2 ounce sage honey
- splash of club soda
- sage sprig, for garnish
- Pour sage-infused gin, lemon juice, Chartreuse, and sage honey into a shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
- Strain into a glass with fresh ice and top with a splash of club soda. Smack the sage sprig reserved for the garnish between your palms to release the aromatic oils, and place in the glass before serving.