This is a very unusual cake but it is easy to make and, once baked, it has a beautiful, moist, rich crumb. The peanut glaze on the top adds a little bite and the rich white chocolate ganache in the centre is the perfect match for the cake.
Peanut Butter Cake with White Chocolate Ganache and Peanut Glaze
- 240gr cream flour
- 400gr sugar
- 1 teaspoon bread soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 240ml water
- 175gr butter, cubed
- 125gr chunky peanut butter
- 60ml sunflower oil
- 2 large free-range eggs at room temperature
- 120ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C.
- Butter the sides and base of 2 x 8 inch loose bottom tins and line each with a disk of parchment paper.
- Sieve together the flour, sugar, bread soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until blended.
- Put the water and butter in a small pot and heat to bring just to a boil.
- Stir in peanut butter and oil until blended.
- Allow to cool a little and then add to the sifted flour mixture.
- Next, add the egg mixture to flour mixture, whisking constantly.
- Divide between the two cake tins and bake in a pre-heated oven until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean — about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, turn out of the tin onto a wire rack, peel away the parchment and allow to cool.
- Once the cake is cool prepare the ganache.
White Chocolate Ganache.
- 150gr white chocolate drops
- 75ml cream
- Fill a pot up to 1/3 with boiling water.
- Put the chocolate drops in a bowl that can sit over the boiled water without touching the water. Put the bowl over the pot.
- Bring the cream to the boil and pour it over the chocolate drops, let sit for the chocolate to melt.
- After two to three minutes, stir the chocolate mixture gently until all the chocolate is melted and mixed smoothly in with the cream.
- Remove from the heat and whisk with a hand whisk to cool.
- At this stage you can place it in the fridge, whisking every two to three minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Once the mixture is nicely thick and holding its shape, spread onto the base of one of the cakes.
- Place the second cake on top, base facing upward so it is nice and smooth.
- Next prepare the glaze.
- 100gr icing sugar
- 85gr evaporated milk
- 15gr butter
- 80gr chunky peanut butter
- 17gr miniature marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the combined butter, milk and sugar, in a saucepan.
- Heat gently and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, cook and stir 2 minutes, being careful not to let it catch and burn at sides.
- Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter, marshmallows and vanilla until blended. Spoon the mixture over the cake, spreading evenly.
- Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy.