Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Courtesy: Lynetta Smith, MS RDN LDN
Citizens Memorial Hospital
Serving Size: 1 cup per serving
- 1-1/2 c dry quinoa, cooked per package directions
- 3 cups arugula
- 1-15 oz. can of garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/3 c roasted red bell pepper, drained
- 1/3 c pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/3 c feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon dry basil, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook quinoa according to package directions and cool completely.
Whisk olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Mix in minced garlic clove, basil and thyme until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
In a large serving bowl, add quinoa, arugula, garbanzo beans, red bell pepper, Kalamata olives and feta cheese.
Drizzle the salad mixture with balsamic vinaigrette. Enjoy immediately or store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 404, Total fat 25g, Saturated fat 4g, Monounsaturated fat 14g, Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 317mg, Potassium 425mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g, Dietary fiber 6g, Vitamin A 7% Daily value, Calcium 9% of Daily Value and Iron 9% of Daily Value