This salad is delicious served with barbecued or roast meats, or goat’s cheese melts (pictured) for a quick snack.
- 8 fresh figs
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and finely grated zest
- Small handful mint leaves, shredded
- Small handful coriander leaves, chopped
- Olive oil for drizzling
Cut figs into thin wedges and toss in a bowl with spring onions, garlic, chilli, lime juice and zest, mint and coriander.
Drizzle with a little olive oil, season to taste with salt and pepper then cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Makes about 2 cups