You might not be in the mood for meat this weekend but you still wishing for a curry. So try this yummy vegetable curry recipe.
Ingredients (Serves: 5 – 6)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
8 ml ginger garlic mix
5 ml turmeric powder
25 ml curry powder
3 medium potatoes, cubed
1 large tomato, chopped
250 g fresh shelled peas
2 stems curry leaves
375 g green beans, trimmed and diced
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
10 ml salt
375 ml hot water
handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1. Prepare all the vegetables and ready to use.
2. Heat the oil in a medium pot and sauté the onions until golden.
3. Add the ginger garlic mix and cook for a minute. Stir in the turmeric and curry powders.
4. Add all the vegetables with salt and simmer with lid on for 5 minutes.
5. Add water, bring to the boil and cook uncovered for 20 minutes until gravy thickens.
6. Garnish with dhania