Have you ever heard of cloud bread?
If not – it’s a homemade bread replacement that is low in carbs, high in protein and made from only 3 ingredients!
For the Cloud Bread:
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tbsp cream cheese ⅛ tsp cream of tartar To serve (Optional):
- 3 Fried Eggs
To serve (Optional):
- 3 Fried Eggs
- Avocado slices
- Cheddar Cheese slices
- Mushroom sauce
Avocado slices Cheddar Cheese slices Mushroom sauce Method:
- Preheat oven to 150°C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Carefully squeeze an empty plastic water bottle slightly, and place the bottle opening over the yolk. When you release your grip, the yolk is sucked inside, separating itself from the white.
- Using the bottle separate the eggs, place the egg whites in one bowl and yolks in another.
- In the bowl of egg whites, add cream of tartar. Using a hand mixer, mix together at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- In the bowl of egg yolks, add the cream cheese and mix together with a spatula until well-combined.
- Fold half of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture until just combined. Add the rest and fold again until well incorporated.
- Place six dollops of the mixture on the prepared tray, spread out the circles with a spatula to about 1 cm thick.
- Bake in oven on middle rack for 30 minutes, until tops are lightly golden.
- Allow to cool for an hour.
- Serve the cloud bread with slices of cheese, a fried egg, creamy mushroom sauce and avocado slices. ENJOY!