Yes, you did read that correctly. Baileys french toast is a thing and has there ever been a more appropriate breakfast for Christmas morning? We think not.
Warning, this recipe involves putting a block of chocolate inside a huge chunk of white bread.
Then you drown the bread in Baileys, then you fry it in butter and THEN you put Baileys whipped cream and caramel sauce on top.
But you can have it with strawberries and they’re a fruit so it’s not too bad.
200ml Baileys Original
1 tbsp granulated sugar
10ml vanilla essence
1 tsp cinnamon powder
2 1 1/2- inch sliced white bread
25ml Baileys Original
2/3 cup whipping cream
2 tbsp caramel plus extra or drizzling
- Cut a slit in the side of each slice of bread being careful not to go all the way through. Using your fingers press inside slightly to create a pocket. Place chocolate pieces inside each slice of bread Place in a glass dish and set aside.
- In a pouring jug mix together eggs, Baileys, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar until combined. Pour the egg mixture over both sandwiches and let soak. Flipping to soak both sides evenly.
- In a non-stick skillet melt butter over medium-low heat. Add one sandwich at a time and cook on both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side. Be sure to control the heat so it doesn’t burn.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl add the 25ml Baileys, whipping cream and caramel until stiff peaks are formed.
- Serve french toast with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel.