These crab cakes use canned crab and can be cooked in your air fryer in about 10 minutes. Use a ⅓ cup scoop to make forming the crab cakes simple. Serve with a spicy mayo or Rémoulade sauce.
- Yield: 6 crab cakes
- Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped bell pepper
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- ½ cup crushed butter crackers
Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the garlic powder, Old Bay seasoning, celery, bell pepper, and bread crumbs. Gently fold in the crab meat until the mixture is well combined but not overworked.
Divide the mixture into equal portions and form into ½-inch thick patties. Gently coat each patty in the crushed cracker crumbs. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Cook the crab cakes in batches for 8 to 10 minutes.
Note: This recipe was tested in the NuWave Brio Digital 6-quart air fryer.