This is one of my favorite quick chicken recipes. Laced with lemon and simmered in white wine, this stovetop entree is super easy and elegant. Just add sides of bread and veggies to make it into a great meal. —Cynthia Heil, Augusta, Georgia
Prep/Total Time : 30 min.
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Dip chicken in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Add wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until chicken is no longer pink, 12-15 minutes. Drizzle with lemon juice. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
1 chicken breast half with about 1 tablespoon sauce: 265 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.