A vegetarian family lasagne that’s ready in just 45 minutes. Cottage cheese makes it a healthier option, plus you don’t need to make the traditional cheese sauce. Serve with a green salad or sweetcorn for even more of your five-a-day.
Each serving provides 285 kcal, 20g protein, 33g carbohydrates (of which 11g sugars), 7g fat (of which 3g saturates), 6g fibre and 0.8g salt. For this recipe you’ll need a 20x28cm/8x11in ovenproof dish.
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 2 peppers (any colour), roughly chopped
- 2 courgettes, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 x 400g tins tomatoes
- 9 lasagne sheets
- 600g/1lb 5oz low-fat cottage cheese
- 60g/2¼oz Cheddar, grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Heat a large frying pan until medium–hot. Add the oil, onion and leek and cook for 5 minutes, until just softened.
- Add the peppers and courgettes and fry until just coloured all over. Add the oregano, basil and onion powder, season and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomato purée and the tinned tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon half the ratatouille into the bottom of a 20x28cm/8x11in ovenproof dish. Layer the lasagne over the top, then spoon over half the cottage cheese, spreading to the edges. Add the remaining ratatouille and then the remaining cottage cheese. Scatter the Cheddar over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden-brown and bubbling. Serve with salad leaves.