If you don’t have already prepared honey mustard, just combine equal amounts of honey and Dijon mustard.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds (680 to 900g) salmon fillets
- 3 Tbsp honey mustard (1 1/2 Tbsp honey plus 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 3 teaspoons)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (divided 2 T and 1 T)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey mustard, garlic, 2 Tbsp of olive oil, lemon juice, dill, and salt.
3. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Brush the salmon fillets on both sides with olive oil. Place fillets skin-side down (if your fillets have skin-on) on the foil-lined pan. Use a basting brush to coat the top side of the fillets with the honey mustard mixture.
4. Place in oven and bake at 400°F (205°C) for 8 to 10 minutes, until just barely cooked through (please don’t overcook salmon!). It’s okay if the salmon is still a little rare in the center, when you remove it from the oven, the residual heat will cook it through.