Ranch may make everything taste better, but it’s far from the healthiest condiment in your pantry. Ranch dressing contains mayonnaise and sour cream, meaning it’s high in both calories and fat. Fortunately, there are healthier alternatives like this ranch-inspired recipe from Independence LIVE’s weekly healthy cooking class. It’s low in calories yet big on flavor, allowing you to indulge without threatening your waistline.
Greek Yogurt Ranch – makes approx. 1 cup
- ¾ cup of whole milk, Greek yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley, minced
- ¼ of a medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- ½ of the juice from of a lemon
- ¼ – ½ cup of low-fat buttermilk (or 1 cup of skim milk + 1 tablespoon of lemon juice)
Combine all ingredients into a jar or container with tight-fitting lid, shake until combined.
Combine all ingredients into a food processor or blender and pulse until well combined.
Nutrition Information (serving size: 2 tablespoons):
- Calories: 15
- Sodium: 160mg
- Carbs: 0g
- Protein: 1.2g