Healthy snacks to tide you over between big meals can be hard to find, luckily however, these delicious muffins are the perfect treat. They’re super easy to make with just 20 minutes preparation time and they’re incredibly easy to make in bulk and freeze so you can enjoy over a period of time.
This recipe also isn’t as heavily cheese based as other savoury muffins because it balances out with the amount of cauliflower that’s used. While freezing them is a great option if you’re baking for just yourself, these muffins taste their best fresh out of the oven with a bit of butter and a cup of tea. Yum!
- 350g cauliflower florets
- 2 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups grated cheddar
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a 12 hole 1/3 cup capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Add half the cauliflower to a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Set aside and repeat with remaining cauliflower. Add flour and nutmeg to a large bowl. Whisk well. Whisk milk, eggs and oil in a jug. Season. Pour over flour mixture and stir until just combined (do not over mix). Add cauliflower, 1 cup cheese and onion and stir to combine.
- Spoon into paper cases. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Serve.