- 1/4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 63 mililitre milk
- 2 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoon ham
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 egg
- nutmeg As required
- salt As required
How to make Ham Croquettes
- Step 1To prepare this crispy appetizer, first, take a medium sized pan and place it on high flame. Then, pour and heat oil in it. Once the oil is hot enough, turn the flame off. Then, add flour in the pan and stir until it becomes a paste.
- Step 2Now, place the pan on medium-low flame and pour milk in it. Then, stir properly until the mixture has a good consistency.
- Step 3Next, add nutmeg and cooked ham in the pan. Also, add salt as required. Stir the mixture until thick and then transfer it to a bowl. Your croquette mixture is ready, keep aside and let it cool down.
- Step 4Meanwhile, take a medium sized bowl and beat 2 eggs in it and keep aside.
- Step 5Once the croquette mixture(step 3) is cool, cut it in equal pieces and give them an oval shape.
- Step 6Now, dip the croquette pieces in the beaten eggs(step 4) properly. Make sure that they dip completely.
- Step 7Next, cover them with a layer of breadcrumbs.
- Step 8Now, take a medium sized deep-bottomed pan and place it on high-medium flame. Then, heat and pour olive oil in it. Now, properly fry each croquette in it until they become golden-brown. Once done, transfer them to an absorbent paper.
- Step 9Lastly, place the croquette pieces in a serving dish and serve fresh.