Need a delicious fruit cake and fast? All you need is a four ingredients and an oven. This recipe is a jam-packed with a whole bunch of nutritious fruits, so it isn’t bad for you, even though it tastes like it might be!
Pour yourself a cuppa and enjoy a slice or two.
- 1kg dried mixed fruit
- 2 cups pure fresh orange juice
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- In a large bow, place fruit and orange juice. Stir. Cover and place in fridge overnight to soak.
- Preheat oven to 150C. Line base of a round case pan with 2 layers of baking paper. Remove fruit mixture from fridge. Add flour and cinnamon. Stir well to combine. Spoon into pan and smooth surface to even out.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Test with skewer to make sure cooked. Remove from oven and leave in pan to cool completely. Serve.