I’m sure by now, you must have concluded that i am an avocado lover.
I think, I want to have avocado in most of my meals, not just because of my “fit-fam” life.
I am totally in love with this fruit.
On this day, I am sitting down in my kitchen thinking of what to have for breakfast.. I can see eggs & plantain * hmmm* , but i felt like doing something different. I quickly remember, that i purchased Avocado the previous day.
Thinking of how to incorporate this fruit into my dish, I remembered watching an episode of “Chopped” on Food network, and i watched them fry ice-cream *surprised* . Oh yes, ice-cream can be fried!! But, please don’t ask me how or what it tastes like.
I am also having the same thought. Kindly refer to google (Food network)
So, I said to myself, if ice-cream can be fried, this fruit can also be fried * big grin*.
For my fellow avocado and plantain lovers, I am sharing this recipe with you * yaay!!!*
Recipe: Dodo Frittata [Avocado]
1 Ripe plantain
1/2 of an Avocado (mashed)
1/3 teaspoon of black pepper
1/3 teaspoon of Salt
2 Bell peppers [preferably; red&yellow]
- Slice peeled plantains and bell peppers. Heat oil in a frying pan, fry plantains and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix eggs with mashed avocado, salt, black pepper and oregano.
- Grease pan with butter, stir-fry bell peppers and set aside.
- Place frying pan over low heat, pour in egg mix and arrange dodo in a circular motion on the eggs.
- Arrange bell peppers in the middle or by the sides of the plantain.
- Cover and leave to cook for about 8 mins or until set.
- Finish up with curls of butter. Leave butter to melt for about 20 secs, then turn off heat.
- Serve immediately. [nobody likes cold eggs]
Q: You want to know, why I didn’t use the green bell pepper for this dish?
A: Since I want my dish to look colourful, I think the Avocado is green enough for this dish.
Written by Sandra Omose.