Preparation time : overnight
Cooking time : less than 10 mins
Serves : Serves 4
Shop-bought, low-fat custard forms the base of these easy chocolate dessert pots, flavoured with coffee, orange and cardamom.
Each serving provides 155 kcal, 5g protein, 25g carbohydrates (of which 20g sugars), 4.5g fat (of which 3g saturates), 0g fibre and 0.1g salt.
- 400g shop-bought low-fat custard
- 60g/2¼oz dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 40ml/1½fl oz strong espresso coffee
- ½ orange, finely grated zest only
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 25ml/1fl oz light squirty cream, to serve
- ¼ tsp cocoa powder, to serve
- Heat the custard in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chocolate, espresso, orange zest and cardamom, stirring continuously until the chocolate has melted. Sieve into a jug.
- Divide equally between four 125ml/4½oz pots or serving bowls and refrigerate to firm up for at least 3 hours (it won’t set completely firm).
- When ready to serve, top with light squirty cream and a dusting of cocoa powder.