CHOCOLATE CHARCUTERIE DESSERT BOARD
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Chocolate salami
- 3 cups red grapes
- 1 cup blueberries
- 6 strawberries, stems attached
- 8 oz. aged blue cheese
- 8 oz. triple-crème Brie
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 18 vanilla wafer cookies
- 4 oz. dark chocolate bar with nuts and raisins
- 8 salted caramels
- Fresh mint, for garnish
WHAT YOU DO:
- Make the Chocolate Salami and serve directly on your board.
- Prepare the fruit: Cut the grapes into clusters of 4 to 6. Thread the blueberries onto toothpicks.
- Break the chocolate bar into rustic smaller pieces.
- Arrange all the components on and around your board in the style that works best for you (see page 23 for tips). Drizzle the honey over the blue cheese. Garnish with fresh mint.
- Blue cheese is not always a crowd pleaser. It’s best to flank it with sweet elements that will balance its strong, creamy profile.
- If you’d rather not take a chance on blue, here are 4 other options: Aged Gouda (if it’s at least 40 weeks old, it will have a butterscotch nuttiness that pairs very well with crisp apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar), Comté (accessible and mild, it’s the perfect accompaniment to a bowl of sweet roasted nuts), chèvre (this tangy mild goat cheese is surprisingly great with very dark chocolate) or Pecorino (its brown-butter tones make it the perfect finish to a meal when drizzled with wildflower honey).