Get set for summer with Quick and Easy, your go to guide for simple summer cooking! Inside you’ll find 150 fast, fresh and healthy-ish recipes to make today. The BBQ chicken melts in your mouth and the Thai pork salad is oh so flavoursome! Plus there’s 20-minute salads, grills, desserts and more to whip up in seconds.
Excite your tastebuds with this salad that combines sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes, macadamia nuts and avocado with a hit of chipotle.
Chipotle Corn Salad
SERVES 4 PREP 20 mins COOK 10 mins
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- pinch of sugar
- 4 corn cobs
- 30g butter
- 1 heaped tbsp chipotle paste
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, cut into quarters
- 1 avocado, peeled, destoned and sliced
- 50g macadamia nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Mix the onion with the vinegar, a pinch of salt and the sugar. Set aside.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the corn and cook for 4 mins until partly tender, then drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Pat dry then, holding the corn upright, slice down the sides of each cob to remove the kernels. Discard the core.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over a high heat until foaming. Add the corn, chipotle paste and a good pinch of salt, then cook for 6-8 mins until blackened in places – don’t stir too often. Remove from the heat and stir in the tomatoes, then set aside.
- Stir the oil, lime zest, juice and most of the coriander into the onions to make a dressing. Season to taste, then toss with the lettuce and tip onto a platter. Scatter over the avocado and the chipotle corn mix, then top with the nuts and the rest of the coriander.