These breakfast bites are a saving grace on busy mornings. Whether you need to grab a couple and run out the door or pack a few for the kids to take before they head off to school. You know these will be full of protein goodness to keep you and the family fuller longer and I love a recipe that gives my kids a reason to eat spinach.
Technique tip: You can refrigerate these for 4 days or freeze them for 2-3 months – just reheat by popping them in the microwave!
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 cup spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, crack eggs and add milk. Whisk together. Add pepper flakes if you like a little spice. Whisk again to combine. Set aside.
4. Fill each muffin cup about halfway with ground chicken and spinach, evenly distributing the mixture among the cups.
5. Pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup, leaving a little bit of room at the top for the muffins to rise.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the egg has set, and the edges of the cups are browned. The middle should be firm to the touch.
7. Remove from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
8. If the cups don’t slide out easily, use a spoon to pop them out. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to three days.