Chicken Parmesan is absolutely incredible, but it can cost you a lot of calories. When you’re trying to be healthy, but you’re really craving good Italian food, make this vegetarian cauli Parm. You won’t be disappointed.
Yields : 4 Servings
Prep Time : 15 Mins
Total Time : 1 Hour 0 Mins
- 1 large head cauliflower, stem trimmed and cut vertically into 1″ planks
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. marinara sauce
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. basil leaves, torn if large
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and brush both sides with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, flipping once, until cauliflower is tender and golden, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and top each cauliflower steak with marinara sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and half of Parmesan.
- Switch oven to broil and broil cauliflower until cheese is bubbly and golden in spots, about 3 minutes. Serve with remaining Parmesan, basil leaves, and red pepper flakes.