Packed with carrots, pineapple, nuts, raisins, and spices, this may just be the best carrot cake you’ll ever have.
- 4 medium carrots (grated, 240 g, 8.5 oz or 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (finely chopped)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a bundt cake pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the canola oil, sugars, vanilla, eggs, and crushed pineapple in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl. Whisk until the ingredients come together into a smooth, medium-thick batter.
- Add the grated carrots, raisins, and chopped walnuts to the bowl. Fold with a rubber spatula until the ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan.
- Transfer the pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the bundt cake for 55-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes.
- To release the cake, run a butter knife between the edge of the cake and the pan. Turn the cake onto a large serving plate.
- Allow the cake to cool for 1-2 hours before slicing and serving.