(1) 20 oz jar apple pie filling
3-4 rolls of ready made Pillsbury pie crust
1 cup caramel sauce
1 egg-beaten with a fork
1 tsp cinnamon & 1/4 cup granulated sugar combined
(2) Parchment paper lined cookie sheets
Pastry / pie crust cutter
Round cookie cutter (2.5”)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
3. Roll 1 pie crust out and set flat on parchment paper lined pan or countertop lined with parchment paper.
4. Dump can of apple pie filling out onto cutting board and using a knife, dice apples into tiny squares.
5. Spread caramel sauce onto pie crust.
6. Layer diced apples on top of caramel and pie crust.
7. Roll second and third pie crust out. Using pastry cutter of your choice, cut out 1/2” wide strips for the lattice.
(You will need about 1 1/2 rolls of refrigerated pie crust to make the lattice).
8. Assemble the lattice weave over the top of the caramel and apple pie filling. This will make one large pie.
9. Once pie is assembled, refrigerate for about 20 minutes (this will help to “set” the caramel and apple pie filling).
10. Remove the pie from the refrigerator and using your cookie cutter, start cutting circle shaped pie cookies out of your large pie.
11. Lay each apple pie cookie circle flat on a parchment paper lined pan.
12. Once cookies are on the pan, brush each cookie crust with egg and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
13. Bake at 350 for appx 25 minutes. This recipe makes appx 12 apple pie cookies at a time.