- 1 1⁄2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 3tsp Tabasco or hot sauce
- 450g raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1tsp sea salt
- 3tbsp sesame oil
- 2tsp toasted sesame oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 180g red rice, soaked and cooked according to packet
- 100g carrot, grated
- 240g frozen peas
- 200g beansprouts
- toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce or tamari, garlic, ginger and 1tsp of the Tabasco or hot sauce. Stir in the prawns and set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat the eggs together with 1⁄2tsp salt and 1tsp of Tabasco.
- Heat 1tbsp of the sesame oil in a large frying pan over a medium- high heat. Add the eggs and sauté for 1 minute, until just firm. Remove from the pan into a small bowl.
- Add the remaining sesame oil, the toasted sesame oil and the remaining Tabasco or hot sauce to the pan and, when hot, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, until soft. Add the prawns and cook for 3-5 minutes until just cooked. Add the rice, carrot, peas and remaining salt and sauté until warmed through. Add the beansprouts and egg and mix well.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot with extra toasted sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds sprinkled over the top.