Dark Chocolate Bark
Lynetta Smith of Citizens Memorial Hospital
Serving Size: 1.5oz pieces
- 12 oz. dark chocolate bars
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp coconut flakes, toasted
- 2 tsp coarse Himalayan sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread chocolate bars on the baking sheet and bake until chocolate melts and is spreadable, about 8-12 minutes.
2. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and use a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly across the parchment paper.
3. Sprinkle dried fruit/nuts over half of the chocolate, and coconut and sea salt over the other half (or substitute with toppings of choice).
4. Carefully transfer the parchment paper with chocolate to a marble slab (if you have one) or other smooth surface (such as a cutting board or the countertop) to cool completely. May take 2 hours or longer.
5. Once cooled, use a sharp knife to cut the chocolate into pieces. Make random cuts to create different shapes and sizes. Enjoy!
Citizens Memorial Hospital also offers healthy cooking classes. Register early because these fill up fast! You can sign up by clicking the link to the right of this story.
Dark Chocolate Bark with Toasted Coconut and Sea Salt:
Calories 135, Total fat 10g, Saturated fat 7g, Cholesterol 3mg, Sodium 780mg, Total carbohydrate 14g, Dietary fiber 3g, Protein 1g, Iron 10% Daily Value
Dark Chocolate Bar with Cranberries and Almonds:
Calories 137, Total fat 8g, Saturated fat 3g, Cholesterol 2mg, Sodium 2mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g, Dietary fiber 2g, Protein 2g