Perfect for times when you just don’t want to use your oven. Cheesecake sitting on a cookie. What could be better than that? Combining the tart flavors of lemon and mango adds a hint of the exotic to this rich dessert.
- 125 grams cookies (spéculoos)
- 60 grams butter
- 300 grams cream cheese
- 125 grams powdered sugar
- 1 lemon
- 150 milliliters creme fraiche (or sour cream)
- 7 grams gelatin powder (unflavored)
- 200 grams mango (puree)
- Using a blender, smash the cookies into pieces, add the diced butter and mix, pulsing to incorporate.
- Place circular cookie molds on a baking sheet covered with a plastic wrap.
- Spread some cookie mixture on each circle and press with a spoon to cover the bottom.
- Keep cool.
- Sprinkle the gelatin in a bowl of cold water to soften it.
- With an electric mixer beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and sour cream and until smooth.
- In a small bowl, over a saucepan of boiling water, 3 Tablespoons of mango puree.
- Add the gelatin and stir until well dissolved.
- Blend into the remaining mango purée mixing with a fork and add into the cream cheese mixture while beating continuously.
- Fill the cookie molds with this mixture.
- Let it cool overnight in the refrigerator.
- To unmold, pass a hot knife blade along the sides of the circle.