Today is the best 24 hours in ever.
Probably better than Christmas, tbh. And definitely better than Valentine’s Day.
Today is World Nutella Day and we are 100 percent going to be celebrating. We’ve scoured the Internet for the best Nutella recipes out there and finally settled on these Nutella cookies by Delish.
They’re gooey and cruncy and oh-so-chocolately – basically everything you could ever want in a homemade cookie.
So, grab a jar on the way home from work, put an apron on and get baking.
- 1 1/2 cups Nutella
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flower
- 1 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Flaky sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop 1 tablespoon balls of Nutella onto prepared baking sheet (24 balls total).
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla and beat until combined, then add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Refrigerate dough while Nutella is in freezer.
- Preheat oven to 180° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough and flatten into a pancake-like circle. Top with a frozen Nutella ball and cover with dough, pinching to seal and adding more dough if necessary to completely cover. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough and frozen Nutella, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle cookies with flaky sea salt and bake until puffed, 15 minutes. Let cool on pan 5 minutes before serving.