We chatted with award-winning chef Thomas Boemer to get some great grilling tips, and a few excellent recipes too, like these Grilled Lamb Chops with Broccolini and Olive-Pistacho Sauce.
Picholine olives, an elongated, green French variety with a firm texture and mild, fruity flavor, lend just the right amount of brininess to this chunky yet elegant sauce. Golden raisins and a dash of honey bring sweetness, while a whisper of lemon zest brightens the dish, and fresh thyme and parsley elevate the sweet, nutty, and salty notes. Perfectly grilled, juicy lamb chops and charred, crisp-tender broccolini are delicious in their own right, but their simple seasoning lets the sauce really shine.
- 1/2 cup picholine olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 1/4 cup golden rasins
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 8 lamb loin chops
- 2 pounds broccolini, washed and dried
- freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a very hot grill.
- In a small bowl, mix together the picholine olives, pistachios, golden raisins, olive oil, thyme, parsley, honey, and lemon zest. Finish with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper and grill 2 minutes on each side on the hot grill.
- Set the chops aside, tented with foil, and let rest.
- Season the broccolini with salt, pepper, and olive oil, and place directly on the grill until fully cooked, about 7 to 8 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Toss the grilled broccolini with 2 tablespoons of the olive sauce. Divide the dressed broccolini among 4 plates, top with 2 lamb chops each, and finish with the remaining olive sauce.